ME Datastore and FTP

Outrage

HI All,

I've successfully setup an instance of ME Datastore on a new Panelview Plus 7. However, I'd like to store the CSV on a remote computer. I've seen plenty of references to doing this by either mapping direct to the PC over the network or using the FTP server on the HMI but I can't find any solid instructions on how to do either.

As per usual all of the useful Rockwell tech notes are locked so I'm looking for some advice here? and may be access to a cheeky tech note if someone could oblige?

Best Regards,

Lee

You can write the file to a network share; easiest if it has no security (write access to all).
\\networkPCname\foldername

The downside is that makes writes across the network (from ME Datastore) & will slow it down a lot. It's much better to write to the internal storage directly.

You can write the CSV file directly into the local storage; use the default folder for the FTP server. Then, on a remote computer either use a script or an FTP client to pull the CSV file from the PanelView.

The PVP runs Windows Embedded (CE). There is good info from Microsoft on how their FTP server works, default folders and such.

You can write the file to a network share; easiest if it has no security (write access to all).
\\networkPCname\foldername

The downside is that makes writes across the network (from ME Datastore) & will slow it down a lot. It's much better to write to the internal storage directly.

You can write the CSV file directly into the local storage; use the default folder for the FTP server. Then, on a remote computer either use a script or an FTP client to pull the CSV file from the PanelView.

The PVP runs Windows Embedded (CE). There is good info from Microsoft on how their FTP server works, default folders and such.

Hi, I have a question. I am trying to use the ftp server as a location to save my CSV file with the ME datastore. The FTP server is running on Windows CE and I can access it via a web browser on the subnet. However when I run the application and the ActiveX attempts to log, I get the error "Unable to activate connection'. The filePath I'm putting in the ME datastore connections is: ftp://10.15.136.3/

Thanks for any help you/ someone may provide.