AB PanelView 800

iggy

Lifetime Supporting Member
I was hoping to get some feedback on anyone who has used the CCW to program the AB PanelView 800. Not sure which PLC would be used, my guess
would be a compactlogix L33ER Ver. 20

Any feedback on likes, and dislikes would be appreciated, today is the first
day I have even heard of them, I am going to check out the software tonight.

Thanks'
Vinnie

The whole point of the PanelView Component and PanelView 800 family of operator interface terminals was to be a low-cost interface to the low-end MicroLogix and Micro 800 controllers.

They are not advertised or supported to work with CompactLogix or ControlLogix, but that doesn't keep some people from trying and doesn't stop Rockwell from occasionally yielding to provide a little support.

For example, Rockwell just released PV800 firmware that supports the CompactLogix 1769-L1x controllers. I assume that means that people will immediately start trying to use it with L2 and L3 family controllers despite the clear instructions that it won't work.

While I understand that the PanelView Component product improved over time, and the PanelView 800 product improved even more, I will not use them because I think that their feature set and software is more hassle than the money I could save.

Iggy,
I have several on order and am currently using CCW 9.0 to program them. They are a little wonky, and many features you may be accustomed to in FTV are not there. There are ways to work around that, but it just takes a little extra time to implement.

As near as I can tell, the Micro800 panels support the Micro800 controller lineup, as well as most if not all RS500 programmed controllers. Everything within the Micrologix & SLC anyways.

There is only support for the CompactLogix L1, as Ken mentioned previously.

They work fine for small projects.
The one I had ordered are for automating some waste water evaporation fans/weather stations.

Thanks for your input, yes while I was reading I happen to see the versions of compactlogix last night while doing more research.