Weintek slow update speed.

janner_10

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am using a Weintek CMT3162x talking to a Siemens S7-1200 >v4, obviously using the Siemens driver. This is our first proper job with one.

Nothing massive, maybe 300 tags or so.

The update speed is around 3 seconds, which is slow by anyone's standards.

I am using no macros, and I have 18 tags set for global data transfer, 15 @ 5s update rate and 3 @ 0.5s, so nothing dramatic.

Although I have the fast screen option checked, when you do change screens, IO fields and toggle switches take around 3 seconds to load, it's not game changing, it's just really not a good look.

IO Fields remain if you navigate away from the screen and back, but toggle switches you have to wait the 3 seconds again.

There is nothing in the diagnostics that suggests anything is wrong.

I have either grossly underestimated Weintek and this is the norm, or something is adrift that I can't spot.

Any pointers?

EB Version is: v6.05.01.379

Can't comment on your particular model or plc combination but I have had nothing but good luck with Weintek, including some applications that used ~20 macros and~200 addresses transferred via modbus TCP/IP.

Cheers