Car presence sensor

Designmen90

Hello everyone,
does anybody knows some sensor for car presence. I need to mount it at the entrance to the garage. The sensor must detect only cars, not people or animals., just cars. Does anybody have some idea?

Hello everyone,
does anybody knows some sensor for car presence. I need to mount it at the entrance to the garage. The sensor must detect only cars, not people or animals., just cars. Does anybody have some idea?

Falcon from BEA is a reliable motion sensor. I have used it for at least 15 years on many vehicle application, car park, car washes and trucking entrances. Works very well for as long as you only want to sense motion which means there's something that acts as a safety device, like photo eyes. They can filter out people and have uni-directional sensing capability. They cost under 300 dollars Canadian, going by memory.

But in applications where a presence sensor is required I've only used buried loop, not probes as, last I know, probes do not sense presence.

BEA has a model which senses presence I think came out only a few years ago and I have never used it, IS40.
If you end up using it please let us know how it performed.

You could try analytics software for cameras.

https://camlytics.com

This one will identify vehicles. It has an API, so you'd need to write some software to cause an action from its detection of a vehicle.

The sensor must detect only cars, not people or animals., just cars. Does anybody have some idea?

https://www.amazon.com/EMX-MVP-Voltage-Universal-Detector/dp/B00283Q9YI

Make the conduit run with PVC. Instead of sawcutting, and stuffing the wire in the sawcut use PVC and a quarzite box that has no metal reinforcing. Make a detector loop from PVC that begins and ends in the quarzite box. The run from the box to the relay needs to be twisted (just use a cordless drill for twisting the wire (thwn). If you make your own loop this way you can replace it when it goes bad. Take a look at a roadway that uses ground loops and you will see where it has been sawcut several times to replace the wire in the loop.

He in the states we have a sensor loop buried in the road at some traffic lights to sense a car or truck motorcycles and bicycle's or people don't trip it
that would your best bet.
i would think they have the same thing where you are at