EcoStruxure Machine Expert adding Alarm Manager

mjvdg

Hi, I have EcoStruxure Machine Expert 1.2.7.
I am trying to add the CodeSys Alarmmanager.
i think i have all the libarys in-place but when i go to the "Add Object" on the Application, there is no "Alarm Configuration" visual in the menu.
are there others that had the same issue. and what is the workaround for this?

Kind regards, Marc

Hi, I have EcoStruxure Machine Expert 1.2.7.
I am trying to add the CodeSys Alarmmanager.
i think i have all the libarys in-place but when i go to the "Add Object" on the Application, there is no "Alarm Configuration" visual in the menu.
are there others that had the same issue. and what is the workaround for this?

Kind regards, Marc

I spent a couple of hours looking for an answer and so far it looks like there isn't one. Vanilla CodeSys has it but not Eco...whatever.

And the biggest problem in finding information is that they have like a hundred different products with similar names, ecostruxure hvac, scada, control, machine, bla bla bla....how do those people ever get to sell their products is beyond me.
Anyone wants to buy M241 real cheap?

It depends on the type of controller you have, some have it available, some don't. If it is m241/m251, then it is not available..

[UOTE=m_turk;880017]It depends on the type of controller you have, some have it available, some don't. If it is m241/m251, then it is not available..[/QUOTE]

I tried M262 and there was nothing in there either and to my knowledge there are pretty much the three controllers covered by that version.

Edit: I should mention that I opened another CodeSys based software and it did not have it either so it looks like the may be implementing alarms through visualization or other methods but I haven't found it yet. The word alarm doesn't do seem to show up much in their online help.

Last edited:
It depends on the type of controller you have, some have it available, some don't. If it is m241/m251, then it is not available..

I tried M262 and there was nothing in there either and to my knowledge there are pretty much the three controllers covered by that version.

Edit: I should mention that I opened another CodeSys based software and it did not have it either so it looks like the may be implementing alarms through visualization or other methods but I haven't found it yet. The word alarm doesn't do seem to show up much in their online help.

I don't know.. But when I was asking about "Trend recording" I was given the answer that it is only available in PacDrive(!?).. So I guessed something similar is the matter with alarms too..

You can get them in ME if you add Codesys soft PLC. In what real Schneider device you can have it, I don't know.. I use only M241/251 and it is not there..

I don't know.. But when I was asking about "Trend recording" I was given the answer that it is only available in PacDrive(!?).. So I guessed something similar is the matter with alarms too..

You can get them in ME if you add Codesys soft PLC. In what real Schneider device you can have it, I don't know.. I use only M241/251 and it is not there..
Thanks m_turk.