Ascii interface with A&D balance

A couple of notes from the user manuals:

From Page 40 of the A&D Balance user manual, the default serial settings are:

2400 bits/second

7/E/1 serial framing

CR LF termination characters

"A&D Standard Format"

So the 1769-ASCII should be set up to match, unless those values have been changed.

1769ascii_config.png

Because the A&D Standard Format has a different prefix depending on status, you can't use a "Start" delimiter to detect the start of the packet.

But it will always be 15 characters plus CR+LF, so a fixed 17-character size is nice and predictable.

AD_Balance_Standard_Format.png

Oh, it just occurred to me.

The A&D balance sends 15 characters plus CR plus LF.

The 1769-ASCII considers the incoming string to be complete after it receives CR.

That would explain why it thinks every new string is only that leftover Line Feed after the Carriage Return. Does the Rx Counter increment by two ?

Try changing the 1769-ASCII Termination Delimiter character to "$L", which is Line Feed.

Tanks Ken, I am receiving the proper ascii data now! However I need help converting it. I used a string to real conversion which displays the proper value buy will cycle other values in too. I receive the 250.98 (weight balance is reading) but then it will change between 250.98 to .98 t0 50 back and forth.

Capture5.PNG Capture6.PNG

Excellent !

You should "parse out" the section of the ASCII string that contains the actual value. The MID instruction is ideal for that purpose, to get just "+00250.98" into the string before you run the String to Real (STOR) instruction.

The string should start at InData[0], so you may have to adjust the starting point if you can't get it to appear there.

An example screenshot:

1769ascii_STOR.png