FactoryTalk View ME Editable Table

Dagnatic

Hello,
A Client has asked me to rebuild a Recipe system in a FTview MEv7 Panelview as the current RecipePlus system is confusing the operators to no end.

The issue I have is the particular project is already at the 25 page limit. This means I cant spread the ~40 parameters across multiple pages.

Using a 'List Indicator' for the parameter name, and a 'control list selector' for the parameter value i'm able to view all the parameters. I'm struggling to come up with a solution that would allow me to edit the highlighted parameter. If I could just have a 'String Input Enable' button have a different Tag depending on the state of the list that would work perfectly, but I can't figure a way to do that.

The Recipe Data type in the PLC is a mixture of Strings, DINTs and BOOL's.

Build your own screen with up/down buttons and indirect addressing from the PLC (this would be one window). Or, use a better HMI. :)

Why the 25 page limit?

We roll our own recipe system as well.

I think you can buy "cheaper" PanelViews with 25 screen limits. We've never purchased them, I think it was the PVP Component line or something like that.

Build your own screen with up/down buttons and indirect addressing from the PLC (this would be one window). Or, use a better HMI. :)

Why the 25 page limit?

25 pages is the limit on Compact ME Screens

Unfortunately changing the HMI on this machine is far outside of the scope of this job.

I'm really trying to avoid having to group and stack them on top of eachother, But at this stage that the only solution I can think off.

25 pages is the limit on Compact ME Screens

Unfortunately changing the HMI on this machine is far outside of the scope of this job.

I'm really trying to avoid having to group and stack them on top of eachother, But at this stage that the only solution I can think off.

That is not the way I would do it. Create a UDT that represents one instance of your recipe, create a tag that is an array of your UDT. Make a screen that can display one recipe, point it to a tag that is an instance of your recipe UDT.

So you have Recipes[100] (recipe UDT, length of 100). Your HMI is pointing to HMI_Recipe. Add next/previous buttons to your HMI that indexes though your recipe array, copy the single recipe to your HMI_Recipe tag.

So as you index through your recipe array from the HMI you are copying Recipe[Index] to HMI_Recipe. If they need to edit, add something to copy HMI_Recipe back to Recipe[Index]. Hopefully that made sense, I haven't had very many beers yet.