S7 problem

kirby36

Need help.

Siemens S7 5.1
When I go to monitor my program(go online) It gives me an error that the software is running a debugging program. This wont allow me to monitor the logic. Also I cant upload/Download certain blocks because it gives me that same debugging error. This happens with all my programs with their respective processors. (3 processors and 3 programs) This would make it seem like an option in my S7 software which allows a debug program to run. Any help is appreciated.

Kirby

Try uninstalling and then reinstalling the software. It sounds like a DLL was over written by another installation. You should be running Step 7 ver 5.1 service pack 6. I am assuming, you are using the RS232/MPI programming cable.

This seems to be a Windows problem. I've had it with other programs as well. What version of Windows are you using?

Maybe it's time the software vendors switched over to Linux. Some competition isn't all that bad. Maybe Micro$oft would then be motivated to really check their SW for bugs!

Kind regards,

Jean Pierre Vandecandelaere

Hello !
Usually you can get a message like that when you are monitoring more then eg. 2 windows/blocks etc at the same time.
Check if you are monitoring any other blocks when you try to open the block. Also check if you have any debugging actions active in the lad/stl/fbd (Debug)menu.
Ahaa... also check in what position the PLC key is in !

STEP7 v5.1 service pack 6 ??? -->service pack 2 ! + hotfix xx...

S7 Problem

Hello;
This message simply means that you have a VAT table open and linked to ther PLC while you are trying to up/download or monitor in the programming editor. Siemens will block certain operations in the CPU memory while you are accessing it through a VAT table ("Debugging").
Solution:
Just remove the VAT link (click on the "Glasses" icon to grey it out) and return tpo the operation you were blocked from doing.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier