PLC5 addressing question

omars

Hi all: I am having problems trying to program two 16 point discrete i/o modules. I feel embarrassed that I should have to even ask about this but here is the situation:

I have a 16-pt. input module in the 1st slot and a 16-pt. output module in the 2nd slot. I have 1-slot addressing selected as the i/o addressing mode on the chassis. I guess this means that I get 1 group of i/o for each slot. so i wrote a program that branches all 16 input addresses and i have a single ote address at the end of the rung. I addressed it as O:001/00. I addressed the 16 input addresses as I:000/00 - I:000/17. When i go to run mode, the active lights are on for each module but I can't get the output to turn on. Am I doing something wrong in the addressing or does this module have hardware issues? thx in advance. - O

Omars,
Post your code if you can. Your addressing looks ok to me.
Also which PLC5 do you have and module part numbers.

Sorry guys...its been awhile since I messed with plc5 stuff and I was looking through an old thread of mine where someone was talking about slot addressing and how the plc5 system interprets slots, racks and so forth. So the individual posts up a pic. of the plc5 chassis and I found that they had the power supply module in the last slot of the chassis. I had my power supply in the 1st slot of the chassis, hence the reason why it wouldn't see my output card. so all i had to do was play some musical modules and now it runs like a champ. sorry about the confusion but thx for the concerns. - O