How to: indirect addressing with Step7?

Gromit

Hello,

Could you please write a simple example for indirect addressing with Simatic S7-300? Can you show it in ladder, because this is the language I use.
I know how to do it with Omron or S7-200, but I'm not sure for S7-300.
This is an Omron ladder example:
Code:
------||--------| MOV    |
      0.1       | @D200  |
                | D250   |
@ is for indirect addresing and shows that D200 contains an address to another cell. For ex. if D200 = 500, the above example moves the value of D500 to address D250.
How to do this in ladder (if it is possible) with Step7?

Regards
Mozfet

In this simple example an integer is used to indirectly address a DB. There are other methods of indirect addressing using ANY POINTERS but you start with this then work your way up. Examples of inderect addressing can be found on this forum using the search features.

Code:
	 L	 20						 //Load 20
	 SLD 3						 //Point to byte number (last 3 bits are bit number)
	 T	 MD 1000					//Save in temp location

OPN DB	66					//Open DB
	 L	 DBD [MD 1000]			 //Load DBD20

Nick

Here are some more examples that all do exactly the same thing as Manglemender's post:

nick001.JPG