run, rem or prog

I was told that if you power down a machine, turned the plc's key to prog and wait for the machine to fully restart, some glitches could be fixed. Thoughts??

I'll be one of the voices that say that: "A well developed and well maintained PLC program should not 'fix itself' on a power cycle. PLCs are not PCs, and the 'operating system' is specifically made to manage and it expects to be powered down from time to time."

I would add that IF powering down and repowering a PLC actually 'fixes' the problem, it should be investigated...because...what's to say that the same event might actually CREATE a problem. Both are the same mechanism.

RANT=OFF

Similar Topics

Hello all , i just bought a plc 5 ,and changing the key lock switch does not put the processor in either run or program mode. I can only do this...
Replies
Views
Can someone tell me if it is okay to switch from RUN to REM while a piece of equipment is being controlled by the PLC, or do I need to shut the...
Replies
Views
I have this SLC 500 running a pretty vital piece of equipment, and it's in RUN... What I want to know is, if I turn the key to REM so I can hook...
Replies
Views
Hello The plant is running and there is no shutdown nowadays therefore I can add 1734- AENTR and its card while PLC is in Run? I do not wanna...
Replies
Views
I have an issue with Power Flex 525 during running processing, the VFD stopped suddenly while the PLC and VFD connection ok, VFD does not have any...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom