RSLogix 500 (ML 1400) COP String Problem

keshik

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi, first post so be nice :) After searching through here and on the Google I still haven't resolved my problem. I've referenced http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=4025 and http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=4025&highlight=COP+STRING without success.

I have three different strings saved (ST19:1-3) that I want to selectively copy into ST19:0 for display on a C-More HMI.

image1.png

Here is how I have my COP set up:

image2.png

Now, when I try to verify my project I get the following error message:

image3.png

When I double-click the error it highlights the destination address. I thought that I am specifying the element level (the number after the colon)? What small mistake am I making?

Hopefully I've made myself clear in what is going on and that it will make sense to the next person who has this issue! Thanks in advance for any help :)

I don't see your Copy setup. Did you miss an Attachment?

I tried it here, and it seemed to work. Can you post your actual code?

Stu....

Welcome to the Forum !

I think it's a small syntax error. The destination has a ".0" rather than a ":0".

I only see one of the attachments too... embedded pics are tricky on the Forum. You'll get the hang of it and we strongly encourage carefully explained and cropped screenshots.

That's strange, since I used the same file host and I can see all three screenshots.

My COP instruction is set up as follows:

Code:
Source --> #ST19:1
Dest   --> #ST19:0
Length --> 1

Well...after playing with it I have decided that I am not having a good day. After looking closer at my screenshot I had #ST19.0 in the destination, not #ST19:0. Turns out that makes a difference :cool:. Got it working now!

Thanks guys.