PLC 5 Comms Help

The Plc Kid

Had a PLC 5/40 kick the bucket early this morning and we will have to replace it with a 5/60 as we have no more 5/40 processors.

When I download I get prompted to convert to 5/60 and I proceed but then DH+ comms don't work.

All the remote racks on RIO work fine and everything runs fine as far as machine operation just no DH+ comms so conneced via serial cable currently.

The Original 5/40 program used Chanel 1A for DH+ comms and was set to Node 11 with a Baud rate of 57.6 kbaud.

After I convert to 5/60 and go online via serial cable I notice channel 1 is set to Node 10 and 230.4 kbaud

Also even when offline and linx not running I can't change this in the program as it's grayed out of which I could not make sense of.

has anyone here ever seen this before or similar. I also tried another 5/60 so it's not a bad unit.

Last edited:
I haven't used a PLC5 in quite a few years. Isn't the baud rate and node number set by dipswitches?

After I posed my question I started heavy interrogation techniques on the guy that first responded to the issue.

Turns out he already tried to swap the PLC and when it did not work he put the dip switches onn the original unit to the same as the unit he got off the shelf.

Had to break out the prints to get what it should be.

Thanks for the help anyway.