RSLinx Enterprise Can't Recognize PanelView

Andreik

Good day,

I have a problem with my RSLinx Enterprise. It can't recognize the PanelView Plus_6 Compact 600 indicating (?). The versions are the following:
1) FactoryTalk View Studio 6.10.00 (CPR 9 SR 4)
2) PanelView PLus_6 Compact 600
ME Station 7.0.0
RSLinx Enterprise 5.6

Is my RSLinx Enterprise outdated? If so, where can I download its update? Thank you very much.🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Andrei K.

I just noticed that my RSLinx Enterprise version on FactoryTalk View ME is 5.50.00 (CPR 9 SR 5) so I guess I really need to update it. Please guide me through on how and where to get my RSLinx Enterprise updated! Thank you very much.

You can download the newest FactoryTalk View Studio from the Rockwell Automation software download site. You need a support contract to be eligible to do so.

http://www.rockwellautomation.com/global/support/downloads.page

You should be able to create a Runtime file (*.MER) and still run it on that PanelView Plus 6 Compact terminal, as long as it observes the limitations of a Compact project. PanelView terminals will generally run Runtime files from older versions.

You just won't be able to use the network download feature. You can substitute an SD card or USB memory device to transfer the project from your development PC to the terminal. Read the RA Knowledgebase or the user manual for the specific formatting (FAT16) and directory path requirements to use memory devices for runtime file transfers.