Logix 5000 Loses Connection when FactoryTalk View ME Station Opens

Hunterseeker

Title says it all. I've loaded up my program on the emulator, but when I open up FactoryTalk View ME Station, RsLogix goes offline with the following error:

"Can't communicate with Linx communication software. Logix Designer has been taken offline. If online operations are in progress, they will not be completed. Offline operations after communication loss will result in loss of correlation. To avoi dloss of correlation, close views without applying changes before attempting to go online. Error 806-80042535"

When I go to "Who Active," to reconnect, I get the following error:

"FactoryTalk Linx(localhost) is not started or started with error, please check FactoryTalk Linx and restart Network Browser."

I've restarted the "FactoryTalk Linx Broswer UI" service, which hasn't fixed the problem. I know the emulator is still working correctly, because I'm able to write values to it from an OPC server, and I can see them changing in station. I just can't view the running logic in Logix.

What I've found is that the issue is order of operations. If I open up station first, then I have no issue connecting with Logix.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is this normal? Did I screw up a communication setting somewhere?

Many Thanks for the help,
Hunter

I'm wondering if you have a conflict in Emulate with FactoryTalk Linx and RSLinx Classic "modules" maybe using the same virtual slot. Just a guess. I usually configure RSLinx Classic to use slot 16 and FactoryTalk Linx to use slot #15. FT Linx has an auto-configure option that I disable when I set it to slot #15.

I assume you are using Ethernet for communications. Do you have Logix 5000 software setup to use RSLinx Classic or FT Linx?

OG