You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old January 23rd, 2020, 01:22 PM   #1
Derp-Dee-Drrr
United States

Logix Studio v31 Fatal Errors

Hi, I recently started using Logix Studio v31 after having been using v20 for years. I keep getting these fatal error seemingly at random a few times a day. It always seems to happen when I am editing code, logic, desc, etc. Each fatal error has the same error code in the log, as followed:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fatal Error!
Application Path: C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\Studio 5000\Logix Designer\ENU\v31\Bin\LogixDesigner.exe
Elapsed execution time: 23 hours, 56 minutes, & 9 seconds
Version: V31.01.00 (Release)
OS Version: Windows 8 32-bit
Thread Id: 000007f4 (2036)
Error 0xe06d7363 (-529697949)
RxEXCEPTION_MICROSOFT_C_PLUS_PLUS - A Microsoft C++ exception was generated but not handled.
Old January 23rd, 2020, 01:43 PM   #2
KuulKuum
United States

I would start with try to "Repair" your installation of Studio 5000 v31.

Go to Windows Control Panel>select your software installation>then select "Change" which will start the InstallShield Wizard that will allow your to "Repair Installation".
Old January 23rd, 2020, 01:54 PM   #3
saultgeorge
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Hi, I know I had to do a repair on Factory Talk Services manager for something very similar. Also, there may have been a recent update on your PC that is causing this. I had to get A-B tech support to check into errors one time and they went in and deleted an update to Windows, and it cured it. However I believe it was Windows 7. Hope this helps you.
Old January 23rd, 2020, 08:08 PM   #4
jstolaruk
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

This may or may not help, download the latest patches from Rockwell's Knowledgebase, Article 604248.
Old January 28th, 2020, 08:04 PM   #5
Jrc
United States

Long story short we recently purchased studio 5000 and I foolishly installed v31 thinking it was the latest and greatest and found I couldnít work with the stuff we had programmed with v29 I uninstalled(not knowing I didnít have to) v31 installed v29 and started getting the very same errors. We donít have tech connect but I did call the installation support number and found that it was due to corrupted registry files dealing with visual c++ they were very helpful I tried removing the windows update and all I got was a nasty conversation with it threatening to remove my administrative rights on the computer it boiled down to different versions came with different versions of c++ and they didnít talk and play well together
Old January 28th, 2020, 08:13 PM   #6
BAJ
United States

I had they exact same problem with v31 - crash city. V32 is better. Far from perfect, but better than v31.
Old January 28th, 2020, 08:18 PM   #7
Phrog30
United States

V31 is garbage. But, in my experience most crashes I experienced were caused from the watch window. Close it and see if that helps.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum