What are these?

I've been asked to give a round about price to build a panel for a customer.
They already have another machine with the same panel and want one for the same type of machine that they have acquired.

They sent photo's of it to base my price on. It's not a done deal and a visit to site would take a day.

Iv'e zoomed in on the picture and the details are blurred.
What are they? Drives?

drives.jpg

Thank you. That seems right.
But $270 seems a bit strong for an all in one contactor and overload.

Is there anything else special does anyone know?

Contact a Schneider vendor, and the price might drop to less than 100$/€/£..
You also need to know the current range, or what motors are downstream, a 8-32A model wont do you any good in a 1HP motor for example.

I've been asked to give a round about price to build a panel for a customer.
They already have another machine with the same panel and want one for the same type of machine that they have acquired.

They sent photo's of it to base my price on. It's not a done deal and a visit to site would take a day.

Iv'e zoomed in on the picture and the details are blurred.
What are they? Drives?

Yup just a modular breaker>contactor>overload all in one DOL starter, I believe the range you have there is TeSys U

https://www.se.com/uk/en/product-range/682-tesys-u/

Schneider are currently changing over to all grey components hence the colour difference

I just looked on the Schneider website but could not find that particular one, however, I do remember some years ago a rep demonstrated something that looked identical, it was a modular system so combined effectively overload (MCB) with manual switch, the components were interchangeable i.e. you selected the contactor, overload, aux contacts each module plugged into the main body of what could be called the contactor.
I think it is an advanced motor starter see pic.

combined.png

Good grief.
So it runs a motor and trips on overload - a whole new concept eh?

I understand the modular part if you are fitting hundreds, but for 2.

I do know that Telemechanique & Square D had these as a new product in the late 80's or early 90's, when their reps tried to ram them down our throats, we used them all the time as the extra cost at the time was lost in reduced build time and neater footprint.

I do know that Telemechanique & Square D had these as a new product in the late 80's or early 90's,

Yep we had several and as far as I know they are still using them... they were used on large vacuum pumps, they worked great in a terrible environment

Yes they are Tesys U. They are branch circuit protection/disconnect, contactor, OL relay all in one. We use them all them time in new panels

Last edited:
if my memory serves me right,

Telemecanique (now Schneider) used to have a system called Integral32 (or maybe just Integral)range of combined circuitbreaker, contactor and overload unit, these look a little like those.

They provide the Short Circuit, Disconnect means, Overload and On-Off control all in one unit, so it is essentially a complete "combination starter" in one compact package. The one in the photo is I think the older version, the newer ones are the Tesys-U line. Virtually every other control mfr has a similar product and most of them are so close in physical size they are interchangeable.

Back
Top Bottom