Retirement

So, in 9 days time, I will retire my business, and hang up my boots. You will see changes to my avatar and forum profile.

I don't intend to leave the forum, I still feel I can make a contribution now and again.

Thanks to everyone who has supported me on this epic journey through these hallowed pages.

To anyone I have crossed swords with, I apologise, and to anyone I have helped, you are most welcome....

🍻

Congratulations! Your posts are always very informative and have solved problems I've had many times over. Thanks for everything and enjoy the retired life!

Congratulations for getting this far and being able to do it. It took me a while to get things organized to the point where I could retire. One thing I found helpful was trying to schedule everything the first week of the month so it leaves the rest of the month free to travel or go camping.

OkiePC said:
All you gurus are retired? We're so fooked and nobody knows it yet.
I know it. Too many experienced people are retiring leaving a knowledge deficit. This is serious.

I know it. Too many experienced people are retiring leaving a knowledge deficit. This is serious.

What are you talking about, the bean counters are loving this and the stock owners are equally loving it. (Also, don't forget the managers are all fairly new as well and leadership has been gone for decades.)

Stuff is messed up, who cares the pressure is on the new person.

What are you talking about, the bean counters are loving this and the stock owners are equally loving it. (Also, don't forget the managers are all fairly new as well and leadership has been gone for decades.)

Stuff is messed up, who cares the pressure is on the new person.
I own a business, or half of it. I am retried but I still own half the business so the pressure hasn't gone totally away.

We hired 3 college students as interns for the summer.This is our way of getting new employees. We will sometimes keep one full time. It is a win/win situation as the college students get money for their next year of college.

Bean counter have nothing to do with it. We actually want to hire experienced people but this is hard.

The problem is that the people out of college are clueless. When talking to them I don't expect them to know anything. What will impress me is an intelligent question.