GE iFix 6.1 Momentary PB

joeburmeister

I have GE iFIX 6.1. I have several PBs on my screens. I use the "click" option and select ToggleDigitalPoint. But this not what i want. As i have to toggle the PB again to turn it off. I shouldn't have to do this.

I don't see any Momentary PBs in the Dynamo sets. I am trying to avoid using PLC to latch/unlatch PB.

In Siemens HMI the option is Set Bit While Key is Pressed.
An other turn arround is program the action twice for every PB, first when pressed Set the Bit, second when released Reset the bit

There is an MDO block in iFix that allows you to do this.
In the PLC I will often use a timer to clear a bit after a brief period instead of a latch.

In earlier versions of iFix, should include 6.1, we used Mousedown for bit on and Mouseup to clear the bit. This acts like a Jog. You might also include bit off if the pointer looses focus of button. I had a lot of issues of operators that would click and hold (Mousedown=bit on) then moving pointer off button and without focus the click release (Mouseup=bit off) would be missed and the bit stays set on.
I haven't worked with any of this since retiring in 2015. So this is what recall.

Some HMI like Factorytalk have built in momentary button, not in iFix. It's just better to make sure the PLC unlatch it to prevent comm issue.