IO field reading problem (WinCC Flexible)

vojvoda1982

Dear friends,

I have a problem with IO Field reading in WinCC Flexible 2005 Advanced! This IO field is point to the internal tag current_float, which is REAL type. This tag contain scaled value from external tag current_plc (his address is PIW268, type WORD).

tag: current_plc > events > Change value > Linearscaling:
y = current_float
a = 0.01
x = current_plc

IO Field mode is set to Output! Problem is when a runtime is started, IO field can't display scaled value from PLC address PIW268! It's display 0.00! I can't understand way?!! It seems to me everything is fine! In PLC, value of PIW268 is changing! Why this change isn't displayed on my WinCC Flexible application in IO field?

Other tags I've created, slider control, switch on/off (for writing on PLC) works fine!

You must scaled value from PIW268 in REAL type in PLC. For example if you send 27000 in type WORD, in type REAL it equal to 3.783506e-041...

I'm sorry, I'm not quite understanding you.. Can you explain me what do you mean with the scaling in PLC? I'm using Siemens S7-300 plc.

As I recall, the function used to work with the same data type (real to real). Use FC105 ''SCALE'' from Standart Library / TI-S7 Converting bloks for convert PIW268, type INT to to a REAL value. New value obtained is used in WinCC Flexible.

Last edited: