WAGO 750-342 BOOTP Dramas

pak_indo

Hi All,

I am having some dramas getting a Wago to hold an IP address. Now, I had three of these to set up today - the first of which took its address after a few tries --> bootp, power on, power off, test and repeat (which is unusual - it usually works first go). I didn't watch the wireshark during the process of configuring the first one as the job only took a few minutes.

Now, the second one simply would not take its address. You can see bootp do its thing (sorry - no screen grab) and similar in wireshark (screen grab attached). After bootp has supposedly assigned it an address it makes a request for 192.168.1.3 and sets itself to that (I am trying to set it to 172.22.23.21 - bootpab file attached).

I tried the third unit and the exact issue occurred.

Now, my hardware for this is laptop --> straight thru cat5 ---> wago. I have also tried going thru a router with no luck.

I have also tried:
* 3 different machines, my own, colleagues and another server on the network. The first two connected point to point with straight thru cat5, the third over the network).
* to use different bootp software (the AB bootp software).

What are my options here? I am really at a loss to explain what is happening. I have used bootp many times in the past and never had issues like this.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Ron

Untitled.jpg

Attachments

• bootptab.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 29
use the program wago ethernet settings
it is simpler and has a write command.
You will need a cable to the serial port though.

here is the help file:
http://www.wago.com/wagoweb_china/public/app_note/a2020/a202001e.pdf
fill in all as you not using proxy so put a # in front of last line!!!
the line with kein proxy needs to be changed according the MAC you found on the 342 label.
when done this leave the unit on for 5 minutes as it needs to write it in eeprom.
then switch off the unit, wait until the comms are down about 5 minutes then switch on again, and then it should be oke

Thanks for the reply mate - very much appreciated. I have tried Wago Ethernet Settings in the past. Now as I understand, I can use this software over Ethernet - as I know the IP address, I should be able to go about it in this way, right?

I hadn't left it one for 5 mins - this is worth a try, ill give this a go also.

with Bootp it does not search for the IP but for the MAC, on the small lable on the hardware.
and yes with ethernet settings you can retrieve this MAC from the Coupler.