Staübli Robot with 5069-L320ER CompactLogix 5380 PLC

huzzygr8

Hello everyone,

For my new project I want to integrate a Staübli Robot with AB PLC. I don't know how to get started with it. How can I integrate the Robot in Studio 5000 Logix Designer via Ethernet I/P.

I look forward to your expert suggestions

You have to add the EDS (electronic data sheet) for the robot provided by Staüblito the Logix Studio EDS catalogue. Then you can add this hardware to the EtherNet/IP IO for this Logix processor, configure the IP address of the robot, the required connection(s) and RPI (request packet interval) just like any other EtherNet/IP adapter device. Once you configure the robot the Logix Studio will generate the "tags" for the connections of the robot, which is the name for the variables within the Logix program for the inputs, outputs and status information of the robot. The PLC Logic is developed by referring to these tags. I suggest if you are new to EtherNet/IP and Rockwell technology, that you have a look at the Rockwell literature.