You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old April 9th, 2021, 01:18 AM   #1
harryting
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Wonderware PC toast - Trying to recover from machine that won't boot to Windows

So, a WW PC's hard drive decided to go bunk. The local tech did use Windows 7 Back and Restore to save an image. However, the restored image will not boot despite trying all the tricks. I am however, able to access the CONTENT of the restored image, just not be able to boot from it.

In the old old days, it's simple enough to just copy over the WW directory but I doubt this will work here. Background info.

-Window 7, circa ~2014
-This is one of the WW server, the site have two servers and two clients.

I'm just not very familiar with WW anymore. Any advice on how best to proceed? I do have access to all the installation CDs as well as the recovered contents of the hard drive that crashed.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum