I/O Labels

Bob.K

We just finished the installation of a 90-30 PLC
in our power plant. The wire labels look nice but
I have not found a good way of labeling each point
on the I/O module door. I could just chicken scratch
something on the supplied labels but I would like
to hear what you Pro's do.

We print our custom lables on pressure sensitive (peel & stick) vinyl on a laser printer. (except the metal stamp tags) All the Panel lables are done this way. The sheets are 8.5 x 11, and we use a sliding type paper cutter to cut out the lables once printed.

That sounds pretty easy (just my style) Our local office supply
should have those sheets. Thanks

Bob.K,

Actually the local office supply WON'T have the vinyl sheets.

Heres a link for laser lables sheets:
http://www.onlinelabels.com/Products/OL175LP.htm

Heres a link for inkjet lable sheets:
http://www.onlinelabels.com/Products/OL175WJ.htm

We use a CAD application for scaling & printing them, but you could use MS Paint but with a bit more diffuclty. Be sure to use plain paper for printing out test sheets for sizing.

BTW you can get the Rotary Paper Trimmer at you local office supplies store.

Last edited: