You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old June 26th, 2006, 11:07 AM   #1
jimcav
United States

brady labels

Well our panel shop is building more and more panels know and the portable brady machine is not the greatest. I had brady send me a sample of there LAT_15_361 lazer labels for marking wires. Brady wants $250 for thier software, my question is did someone make a template for this label on microsoft word?

Thanks
Guys
Old June 26th, 2006, 11:30 AM   #2
jtn
United States

I did that one time when I was first starting working at a small company that wouldn't spend any money. In hindsite, the software was cheaper than my time it took to get it all working really well.

If you are going to buy enough labels and move enough product for your local vendor talk them into giving you the software in exchange for buying the labels from them. Settle on a price for the labels before doing that though.
Old June 26th, 2006, 03:53 PM   #3
TConnolly
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

It seems to me that want to solve your initial probelem, that of a cheap inadequate low end label printer, by taking the cheapest low end solution that you can find.

The real problem is being too cheap to buy good stuff.

I realize that cost control is paramount in small shops where the pockets are not deep. But tools are not optional to your business, they are essential, without them you are not in business. The Brady software will save you time and it will have timesaving entry features that you won't find in a msw template.

I threw away all our low end Brady printers and bought the Brady TLS2200 system. Sure they cost six times as much. But they have not given us any trouble.
Old June 26th, 2006, 06:24 PM   #4
BobB
Lifetime Supporting Member
Australia

I work for myself (no employees) and absolutely cannot have a second rate wire label system. It costs far too much time and time is far more valuable than a good marker system.

I purchsed a Brady BP-1244 thermal transfer printer a long time ago and Labelmark software to go with it. It has paid for itself.

The wire labels I use are Brady Durasleeve markers catalogue number DSTHT-15-390 (part number 843381). These are made in Australia. The sleeves are catalogue number DMC-1,3/3,0-15 (part number 13255) and are made in Sweden.

The printer alone cost more than the TLS printer but it was worth it. The software is not too bad and does the job. Serialisation, decimal, hex etc are available and one can use any Windows font.

Old June 26th, 2006, 06:38 PM   #5
SAK-CO TECH
United States

We did the same as Alaric and bought the TLS2200 a few years back and it paid for itself on the first panel we built with it.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum