You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old March 22nd, 2010, 09:48 PM   #1
Matthewn
Ireland

Panelview plus 1000 compact download problem

Hi All

I'm having an issue downloading an application to a panelview plus 1000 screen. I've used factory talk view studio ME to develop the program and am using a serial 2711-NC13 lead to download to the target. I have added a DF1 driver within rslinx enterprise and double checked all comms settings on terminal etc. Now, the problem starts, rslinx does see the target, but does not recognise it as a device. After browsing the DF1 network the panelview plus compact appears below in the tree. Then, when I select this as my target device it reacts like it is another network and starts browing at this tree level. Also, the message "select a different path - Serial DF1,Panelview-Plus compact cannot be used" is shown in the bottom of the screen. Am I doing something terrbly novice wrong? I've been at this 2 days now, beginning to test my patience! Any help would be much appreciated.

Matthew
Old March 22nd, 2010, 09:51 PM   #2
bkottaras
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthewn View Post
Hi All

I'm having an issue downloading an application to a panelview plus 1000 screen. I've used factory talk view studio ME to develop the program and am using a serial 2711-NC13 lead to download to the target. I have added a DF1 driver within rslinx enterprise and double checked all comms settings on terminal etc. Now, the problem starts, rslinx does see the target, but does not recognise it as a device. After browsing the DF1 network the panelview plus compact appears below in the tree. Then, when I select this as my target device it reacts like it is another network and starts browing at this tree level. Also, the message "select a different path - Serial DF1,Panelview-Plus compact cannot be used" is shown in the bottom of the screen. Am I doing something terrbly novice wrong? I've been at this 2 days now, beginning to test my patience! Any help would be much appreciated.

Matthew
What version of RSLinx are you running??
The Compact series is relatively new.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 09:55 PM   #3
Matthewn
Ireland

Hi bkottaras,

I'm using factory talk view ME ver. 5.00 CPR9, im using rslinx enterprise that runs on this platform.

Matthew.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 09:58 PM   #4
bkottaras
United States

This may help.
Set up for RSLinx enterprise.
Target device should be your PLC.
(Ignore the multiple Cpus in the attachement).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PV+_Comms.jpg (220.9 KB, 194 views)
Old March 22nd, 2010, 10:08 PM   #5
Mickey
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Maybe, see pictures below from the manual.

FYI, I'm not a PanelView Plus user.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MaybeThis.jpg (24.1 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg Tip.jpg (19.2 KB, 90 views)

If you want happiness for an hour-take a nap. If you want happiness for a day-go fishing. If you want happiness for a month-getmarried. If you want happiness for a year-inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime-help someone else.
----- Chinese Proverb
Old March 22nd, 2010, 10:10 PM   #6
Matthewn
Ireland

Thanks for the quick reply bkottaras.

I'm still having issues though. In the local setup, I have added a DF1 driver, i'm connected to the panelview and have set all comms correctly there, I think anyway! When i start browsing DF1 it does find the panelview but it doesn't let me select this as my target device, it branches down once again showing default drivers.

Matthew.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 10:16 PM   #7
Matthewn
Ireland

Hi Mickey,

Thanks for the reply. Would I be correct in saying i'm usig the wrong development software - factorytalk view studio ME 5.00?? Or do you have to set the target as a "compact" somewhere in project settings?? The only set-up I had to do under "project settings" was display size. Is there something i'm not seeing? Thanks.

Matthew.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 10:20 PM   #8
bkottaras
United States

Quote:
Hi All

Matthew
You should be able to see the unit.
not sure if yoour Linx is up to date or it is a compact issue or simply a comms issue.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PV+_Tree.jpg (198.6 KB, 148 views)
Old March 22nd, 2010, 10:23 PM   #9
bkottaras
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
Maybe, see pictures below from the manual.

FYI, I'm not a PanelView Plus user.
I'd look at what Mickey has posted.
Seems to be the issue.
As I have already said, compact is relatively new, haven't used one yet nor planning on using one in the future.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 10:24 PM   #10
bkottaras
United States

Quote:
Hi Mickey,

Thanks for the reply. Would I be correct in saying i'm usig the wrong development software - factorytalk view studio ME 5.00?? Or do you have to set the target as a "compact" somewhere in project settings?? The only set-up I had to do under "project settings" was display size. Is there something i'm not seeing? Thanks.

Matthew.
Current version is v5.10 for ME.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 10:35 PM   #11
Mickey
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

See Picture below from the manual.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SoftwareSupport.jpg (30.3 KB, 157 views)

If you want happiness for an hour-take a nap. If you want happiness for a day-go fishing. If you want happiness for a month-getmarried. If you want happiness for a year-inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime-help someone else.
----- Chinese Proverb
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum