You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!


 
 
plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.
 
Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!


Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2010, 09:48 PM   #1
Matthewn
Member
Ireland

Matthewn is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Galway
Posts: 10
Panelview plus 1000 compact download problem

Hi All

I'm having an issue downloading an application to a panelview plus 1000 screen. I've used factory talk view studio ME to develop the program and am using a serial 2711-NC13 lead to download to the target. I have added a DF1 driver within rslinx enterprise and double checked all comms settings on terminal etc. Now, the problem starts, rslinx does see the target, but does not recognise it as a device. After browsing the DF1 network the panelview plus compact appears below in the tree. Then, when I select this as my target device it reacts like it is another network and starts browing at this tree level. Also, the message "select a different path - Serial DF1,Panelview-Plus compact cannot be used" is shown in the bottom of the screen. Am I doing something terrbly novice wrong? I've been at this 2 days now, beginning to test my patience! Any help would be much appreciated.

Matthew
  Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 09:51 PM   #2
bkottaras
Member
United States

bkottaras is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthewn View Post
Hi All

I'm having an issue downloading an application to a panelview plus 1000 screen. I've used factory talk view studio ME to develop the program and am using a serial 2711-NC13 lead to download to the target. I have added a DF1 driver within rslinx enterprise and double checked all comms settings on terminal etc. Now, the problem starts, rslinx does see the target, but does not recognise it as a device. After browsing the DF1 network the panelview plus compact appears below in the tree. Then, when I select this as my target device it reacts like it is another network and starts browing at this tree level. Also, the message "select a different path - Serial DF1,Panelview-Plus compact cannot be used" is shown in the bottom of the screen. Am I doing something terrbly novice wrong? I've been at this 2 days now, beginning to test my patience! Any help would be much appreciated.

Matthew
What version of RSLinx are you running??
The Compact series is relatively new.
  Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 09:55 PM   #3
Matthewn
Member
Ireland

Matthewn is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Galway
Posts: 10
Hi bkottaras,

I'm using factory talk view ME ver. 5.00 CPR9, im using rslinx enterprise that runs on this platform.

Matthew.
  Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 09:58 PM   #4
bkottaras
Member
United States

bkottaras is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,704
This may help.
Set up for RSLinx enterprise.
Target device should be your PLC.
(Ignore the multiple Cpus in the attachement).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PV+_Comms.jpg (220.9 KB, 194 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 10:08 PM   #5
Mickey
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Mickey is online now
 
Mickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Palmdale,Ca
Posts: 10,470
Maybe, see pictures below from the manual.

FYI, I'm not a PanelView Plus user.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MaybeThis.jpg (24.1 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg Tip.jpg (19.2 KB, 90 views)
__________________
Mickey

If you want happiness for an hour-take a nap. If you want happiness for a day-go fishing. If you want happiness for a month-getmarried. If you want happiness for a year-inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime-help someone else.
----- Chinese Proverb
  Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 10:10 PM   #6
Matthewn
Member
Ireland

Matthewn is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Galway
Posts: 10
Thanks for the quick reply bkottaras.

I'm still having issues though. In the local setup, I have added a DF1 driver, i'm connected to the panelview and have set all comms correctly there, I think anyway! When i start browsing DF1 it does find the panelview but it doesn't let me select this as my target device, it branches down once again showing default drivers.

Matthew.
  Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 10:16 PM   #7
Matthewn
Member
Ireland

Matthewn is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Galway
Posts: 10
Hi Mickey,

Thanks for the reply. Would I be correct in saying i'm usig the wrong development software - factorytalk view studio ME 5.00?? Or do you have to set the target as a "compact" somewhere in project settings?? The only set-up I had to do under "project settings" was display size. Is there something i'm not seeing? Thanks.

Matthew.
  Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 10:20 PM   #8
bkottaras
Member
United States

bkottaras is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthewn View Post
Hi All

I'm having an issue downloading an application to a panelview plus 1000 screen. I've used factory talk view studio ME to develop the program and am using a serial 2711-NC13 lead to download to the target. I have added a DF1 driver within rslinx enterprise and double checked all comms settings on terminal etc. Now, the problem starts, rslinx does see the target, but does not recognise it as a device. After browsing the DF1 network the panelview plus compact appears below in the tree. Then, when I select this as my target device it reacts like it is another network and starts browing at this tree level. Also, the message "select a different path - Serial DF1,Panelview-Plus compact cannot be used" is shown in the bottom of the screen. Am I doing something terrbly novice wrong? I've been at this 2 days now, beginning to test my patience! Any help would be much appreciated.

Matthew
You should be able to see the unit.
not sure if yoour Linx is up to date or it is a compact issue or simply a comms issue.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PV+_Tree.jpg (198.6 KB, 148 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 10:23 PM   #9
bkottaras
Member
United States

bkottaras is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
Maybe, see pictures below from the manual.

FYI, I'm not a PanelView Plus user.
I'd look at what Mickey has posted.
Seems to be the issue.
As I have already said, compact is relatively new, haven't used one yet nor planning on using one in the future.
  Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 10:24 PM   #10
bkottaras
Member
United States

bkottaras is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthewn View Post
Hi Mickey,

Thanks for the reply. Would I be correct in saying i'm usig the wrong development software - factorytalk view studio ME 5.00?? Or do you have to set the target as a "compact" somewhere in project settings?? The only set-up I had to do under "project settings" was display size. Is there something i'm not seeing? Thanks.

Matthew.
Current version is v5.10 for ME.
  Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 10:35 PM   #11
Mickey
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Mickey is online now
 
Mickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Palmdale,Ca
Posts: 10,470
See Picture below from the manual.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SoftwareSupport.jpg (30.3 KB, 157 views)
__________________
Mickey

If you want happiness for an hour-take a nap. If you want happiness for a day-go fishing. If you want happiness for a month-getmarried. If you want happiness for a year-inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime-help someone else.
----- Chinese Proverb
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
panelview 1000 setup question pieces94 LIVE PLC Questions And Answers 15 November 2nd, 2008 01:32 PM
Graphic Display problem with Panelview Plus 1000 Mike R LIVE PLC Questions And Answers 5 September 8th, 2008 10:15 AM
Panelview Plus 1000 + SLC 500 Control adam.bridgman LIVE PLC Questions And Answers 3 July 15th, 2007 02:28 PM
PLC-5/20 Download Problem tleep LIVE PLC Questions And Answers 3 January 15th, 2005 01:54 PM
Display String file on PanelView 1000 wa5yom LIVE PLC Questions And Answers 33 September 15th, 2003 11:53 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:01 AM.


.