Panelview plus 1000 compact download problem

Matthewn

Hi All

I'm having an issue downloading an application to a panelview plus 1000 screen. I've used factory talk view studio ME to develop the program and am using a serial 2711-NC13 lead to download to the target. I have added a DF1 driver within rslinx enterprise and double checked all comms settings on terminal etc. Now, the problem starts, rslinx does see the target, but does not recognise it as a device. After browsing the DF1 network the panelview plus compact appears below in the tree. Then, when I select this as my target device it reacts like it is another network and starts browing at this tree level. Also, the message "select a different path - Serial DF1,Panelview-Plus compact cannot be used" is shown in the bottom of the screen. Am I doing something terrbly novice wrong? I've been at this 2 days now, beginning to test my patience! Any help would be much appreciated.

Matthew

Hi All

I'm having an issue downloading an application to a panelview plus 1000 screen. I've used factory talk view studio ME to develop the program and am using a serial 2711-NC13 lead to download to the target. I have added a DF1 driver within rslinx enterprise and double checked all comms settings on terminal etc. Now, the problem starts, rslinx does see the target, but does not recognise it as a device. After browsing the DF1 network the panelview plus compact appears below in the tree. Then, when I select this as my target device it reacts like it is another network and starts browing at this tree level. Also, the message "select a different path - Serial DF1,Panelview-Plus compact cannot be used" is shown in the bottom of the screen. Am I doing something terrbly novice wrong? I've been at this 2 days now, beginning to test my patience! Any help would be much appreciated.

Matthew
What version of RSLinx are you running??
The Compact series is relatively new.

Hi bkottaras,

I'm using factory talk view ME ver. 5.00 CPR9, im using rslinx enterprise that runs on this platform.

Matthew.

This may help.
Set up for RSLinx enterprise.
Target device should be your PLC.
(Ignore the multiple Cpus in the attachement).

PV+_Comms.jpg

Thanks for the quick reply bkottaras.

I'm still having issues though. In the local setup, I have added a DF1 driver, i'm connected to the panelview and have set all comms correctly there, I think anyway! When i start browsing DF1 it does find the panelview but it doesn't let me select this as my target device, it branches down once again showing default drivers.

Matthew.

Hi Mickey,

Thanks for the reply. Would I be correct in saying i'm usig the wrong development software - factorytalk view studio ME 5.00?? Or do you have to set the target as a "compact" somewhere in project settings?? The only set-up I had to do under "project settings" was display size. Is there something i'm not seeing? Thanks.

Matthew.

Hi All

Matthew
You should be able to see the unit.
not sure if yoour Linx is up to date or it is a compact issue or simply a comms issue.

PV+_Tree.jpg

Maybe, see pictures below from the manual.

FYI, I'm not a PanelView Plus user.
I'd look at what Mickey has posted.
Seems to be the issue.
As I have already said, compact is relatively new, haven't used one yet nor planning on using one in the future.

Hi Mickey,

Thanks for the reply. Would I be correct in saying i'm usig the wrong development software - factorytalk view studio ME 5.00?? Or do you have to set the target as a "compact" somewhere in project settings?? The only set-up I had to do under "project settings" was display size. Is there something i'm not seeing? Thanks.

Matthew.
Current version is v5.10 for ME.