You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old February 26th, 2013, 11:42 AM   #1
asmaint2
Supporting Member
United States

Panelview Plus Alarm Screen Question

I have a Panelview Plus 1000, 2711P-T10C4D1, the logic module is a 2711P-RDT10C, 5.10, and I using Factory Talk View Studio 6.10.
I was using the standard alarm banner to view and acknowledge alarms. The operator could acknowledge the alarm and close the screen. I also had an alarm history screen that could be called for maintenance purposes. One of the maintenance personnel found that if the alarm history screen was being viewed and an alarm became active, therefore calling the alarm banner, you were not able close out of both screens. The alarm would acknowledge, but pressing either close screen button would only toggle you between the alarm history and the alarm banner. I have since removed the alarm history screen and also removed the acknowledge button from the banner. We can can call the alarm banner from a "Maintenance Only" screen to see the list of alarms if neccessary. Everything is working now, I was just curious if there was a fix to what we discovered.

thanks,
Old March 1st, 2013, 01:00 PM   #2
asmaint2
Supporting Member
United States

I need to make a correction to my thread. I was not using the default alarm banner, I was using an alarm list. If the alarm history screen was open and an alarm triggered the alarm list to display, the close button would only toggle between the two screens.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum