You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old April 16th, 2021, 10:40 AM   #1
wes_h_13
Supporting Member
Canada

Factorytalk View Studio Data Log Issue

I have Factorytalk View Studio local edition installed on multiple machines. Every once in a while the data logging locks up and pens don't update anymore. The only way I have found to fix this is to delete the data log folders and then relaunch the application. Computers all had plenty of hard drive space available. Has anyone else ran into this? If so does anybody have a fix? Please see pictures for datalog configuration.
Attached Images
File Type: png DatalogA.PNG (10.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: png DatalogB.PNG (12.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: png DatalogC.PNG (17.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: png DatalogD.PNG (11.0 KB, 4 views)
Old April 16th, 2021, 10:48 AM   #2
Operaghost
United States

The configuration for the Datalog looks ok. Have you opened the Datalog to see if the data was still being logged? You can open the log files in Excel. You won't see the data, but you can see the entries for the tag name and the time.

One thing to note is with the On Change setting, if the data isn't changing, then you'll just have a flat line in the trend window. Can you attach screen shots of the trend configuration?

Have you used the DatalogOff and then DataLogOn commands to stop and restart logging?

OG
Old April 16th, 2021, 10:55 AM   #3
wes_h_13
Supporting Member
Canada

When I look at the logs it appears the data is still logging. However Factorytalk View studio trends do not update with any history. Trend clears whenever I change a screen.

I use the datalogon function whenver the application opens. Howver I do have a macro to set datalogoff on shutdown.

I have tried toggling datalogon and off to fix the trending but this didn't appear to work either.
Old April 16th, 2021, 04:47 PM   #4
Operaghost
United States

Is the trend configured to use the Datalog? They don't just use them automatically.

OG
Old April 17th, 2021, 11:43 PM   #5
wes_h_13
Supporting Member
Canada

Yes everything is configured and works fine until it locks up.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum