Micrologix 1100 ethernet port not working

eababio

Hi everyone,
I have a micrologix 1100 which I was working with through the ethernet port. It was working fine untill I programmed it with program I was testing in which I had not set up the ethernet configurations ie no bootp and no ip address.

I programmed through the ethernet port and after programming the ethernet port was disabled as expected. I went online with a serial cable and set up ip configurations but since then the ethernet port does not rsspond. Eveen when I used a croSs cable and connect directly to pc with bootp enabled I cant get a network coonnections.non of the network comes on.

Have I disabled ethernet somehow? Or the port is damaged

Have you tried cycling power after making the change?

To double check what IP the micrologix is on, use the keypad and LCD screen to check the comms configuration. There is a status menu that gives you the mac address and IP.

And of course your programming PC should be on the same subnet.

Yeah I did and confirmed ip addresses.

The strange thing is the lights on ethernet port on pc dont blink at all . Same when I connect ro a switch thereis no aactivity

Yeah I did and confirmed ip addresses.

The strange thing is the lights on ethernet port on pc dont blink at all . Same when I connect ro a switch thereis no aactivity

Try to ping the device using the IP address you set up for it with the serial connection. Using command prompt just do ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx . If the response is "destination Host Unreachable" verify that everything is on the same subnet address, if it is then you may have a bad port.

Did that also. so it seems to be a bad port. but what could have caused it? How do you reset micrologix to factory settings? is it possible somehow the port got deactivated ?

Use the LCD and keypad to view the IP configuration.

EDIT: I just googled and found a thread from several years back that mentioned it cannot be set on the ML1100 LCD like it can with the 1400.

Last edited:
Go back to RSLogix500 and change the program you last loaded to have the Ethernet port where you want it (IP address, half/full duplex, etc…) and download the program via the serial connection. You will need to set RSLogix500 to connect to the MicroLogix 1100 via the DF1 port and you want to make sure that the program maintains the default channel 0 settings but once you download the updated program the Ethernet port should respond. You will have to cycle power for the Ethernet port settings to take hold (I think).