1762-IF2OF2 Scaling

wildcatherder

The manual for the Micrologix 1100 shows two types of scaling for the IF2OF2:
1. Raw/Proportional Data
2. Scaled for PID

Can someone tell me which one is the default and how to change from one to the other?

Raw/Proportional will be:
6240 = 4mA
31208 = 20mA

Scaled for PID will be:
0 = 4mA
16383 = 20mA

To choose the method, double click on the card in the I/O configuration. Then click on the tab called "Analog Configuration". You must make the selections offline and download.

The reason for the "Scaled for PID" choice is so that your raw analog signals match the PID instruction PV range requirements. I almost always massage, clamp or otherwise manipulate the value from the card before sending it to a PID block, so I normally use raw/proportional scaling even when a PID instruction is in play.

The default settings are 0-10VDC signal and Raw/Proportional scaling. I don't know the exact scaling for voltage signals, we almost always use 4 to 20mA.

Last edited:
I think Raw/Proportional is default. To change it you have to use RsLogix 500. Pull up the program and select I/O Configuration under the Controller. Then select the module and double click. Then under the Analog Configuration you will see the settings.

Okie is faster than me :)