Communication with SLC 5/05

erikaserpa

I work at the company. I need to communicate with the PLC SLC 5/05.
I already tried to use one cable RS-232 (2-3, 3-2, 5-5) but it not communicated. I have the cable 1747-PIC but SLC 5/05 not has the communication. Please, who help me.

A SLC 5/05 is a ethernet communications processor and can be communicated with your network port. It will require a crossover cable to plug directly into the processor or a hub for standard cables. You will need to set a static IP address to the domain of the processor.

A standard 9 pin sub-d cable will not work to connect using RS-232, you will need to purchase the cable from AB to use that.

Also, you will need to configure your RSLinx for your ethernet adapter to be able to see the processor. AB has great documentation on how to do this.

Greetings erikaserpa,

you must set up your communications with RSLinx before you can connect to the SLC-5/05 with RSLogix500 ... do you need more explanation about that subject? ...

when you tried the 2-3, 3-2, 5-5 cable, what “driver” did you use in RSLinx? ... it should have been “RS232 DF1 Devices” ... try that one and use the “Autoconfigure” button on the setup screen ... and while you are still on the driver’s setup screen, make sure that you have the correct “comm port” (COM1, COM2, etc.) selected for your computer ...

if the “RS232 DF1 Devices” driver does not work, then try using the “1747-PIC Driver” EVEN WITH THE SAME 2-3, 3-2, 5-5 CABLE ... your SLC-5/05’s serial port might have been set up for “DH-485” communications ... there is no “Autoconfigure” button for the “1747-PIC Driver” ... but the default settings usually work ...

I hope that this helps ... and welcome to the forum ...

Slc 5/05 Communications

Dear
I Had Faced Same Kind Of Problem For Communications And I Would
Suggest You The Same Solution That I Tried.
Using Configuration 2-3 3-2 5-5 Will Not Work So U Have To Go
Either By Ethernet Protcol Or The Change The Configuration To The
Following.
2-2,3-3,5-5 Using 9 Pin D Connector.then Go To Rs Linx 500
Select Driver Rs232 Df1.say Add New.it Will Then Show
Configuration.click On Auto Configuration.i Am Sure It Will Show
Auto Confiuration Succesfull.

Try This Out.

Regards.

Sony,
you are describing a straight serial cable between the PC and the serial port on the SLC.
It has to be crossed, just like the cable erikaserpa uses allready.

Erikaserpa also mentions having the PIC cable. If that means he has the PIC driver enabled in RSLinx, then that can be the explanation why he cannot get hole thru. The PIC driver may be hooking the serial port, blocking any other use of the port including the DF1 driver.

Ron's suggestions seems like the way to go.
Otherwise:
Try to use the serial port with something else.
Try another PC.