SLC 5/02 connection with laptop

From memory the 5/02 is DH485 and not ethernet

You may have blown something up!!

You need an AB PIC (USB or Serial one) or a PCMK card with the correct cable.

Does the 5/02 not have a 9 pin serial port ?

this RJ45 is NOT Ethernet, it is DH485
This RJ45 has 24V on some pins and will demage laptop if connected to Ethernet port

The only way to connect is to use 1747-PIC or 1747-UIC

Contr_Conn said:
this RJ45 is NOT Ethernet, it is DH485
This RJ45 has 24V on some pins and will demage laptop if connected to Ethernet port

The only way to connect is to use 1747-PIC or 1747-UIC

To add to this, see below

Last edited:
Thank You so much for the help, I have connected before but I have slept since then and didn't remember how I did it. For some reason I was thinking I plugged directly from computer to SLC ??

Thanks again,
Canyon

Canyon said:
Thank You so much for the help, I have connected before but I have slept since then and didn't remember how I did it. For some reason I was thinking I plugged directly from computer to SLC ??

Thanks again,
Canyon

If you plugged the SLC5/02 port directly into your computers ethernet port then check the ethernet port, the SLC's port has 24VDC on it. You may have damaged your computers ethernet port.