Error 78 on DeviceNet Scanner

apexpower

There seams to be an intermittent error that comes up ever few days. This error code says the scanner lost the scan list...is this a common problem? Could the problem be the DeviceNet scanner module or a corrupt Scan list???

There seams to be an intermittent error that comes up ever few days. This error code says the scanner lost the scan list...is this a common problem? Could the problem be the DeviceNet scanner module or a corrupt Scan list???

If this is an Allen-Bradley scanner error 78 refers to a node in the scanlist dropping off the network. Typically it will flash the error code "78" followed by the node number "0-63" that has dropped of the network. Odds are you have a loose or bad connection to the node or nodes that are dropping off of the network. I would say it is not your scanner card if this is an AB system.