RSLogix Emulate 500 and REGEDIT

CAMAN

I have been trying to install RSLogix Emulate 500 for some schoolwork I have, each time it seems like it installs correctly, but whenever I try and run it I get this before it opens...

Capture1.png

I have researched as much as I can on my own and it seems like it's a Registry Permissions issue. And the only troubleshooting info I can find from Rockwell is a PDF for RSLogix Emulate 5000 which says I need to remove a few keys in the registry. Unfortunately there is only one address listed that even comes close to what I have in my registry. I proceeded to allow all permissions for that, but that didn't change anything. I then deleted it from the registry and that screwed everything up so I removed everything and reinstalled RSL Emulate 500.

Does anybody know what I am doing wrong?

I am using Win7 64bit

Thank You!
Rob

I get the same error, but I just ignored it. I think it only occurs the first time it runs.

Emulate 500 seems to run fine, though. Just don't upgrade RSLinx past v 2.57 or you will lose the emulate driver.

Last edited:
A couple of common tricks that I've used is to change the properties of the program (right mouse on the icon) and choose:
- run as administrator

If it still acts up, try to run in Windows XP native mode (also a property)

AB is getting better about Windows 7 64 bit, but still a ways to go.

FIX for RS Gaygix Over comlpicated Program

I,m including the files you'll need for V2.59 to get the RS linx Classic set up set up. It is there in 2.59 just not in listed in the registry so it does not become available.

RX Links Classic Registry manual add.JPG

Attachments

• Emulate 500 Emulate Registry addition.zip
    464 bytes · Views: 831
Ladder language

Hi i need a laddar logic program for PLC (1 inpout , 2 output)
When input = 1 (on)
then output 1(on) for 10 second
then off
also when input = 1 (on) after 4 sceond output 2 (on off) .

more clear : when sensor detect object start runing motor for (10 second )
after 4 second just make output 2 (on-off)

rslogix emulator registry error solution

Hello CAMAN,

If you are not able to work on rslogix emulator then follow these instruction.

open rslogix 500 english software and make a program which you want.
then open rslinx software and then open rslogix emulator software.

In rslinx select SLC 500(DH485) Emulator driver and add this driver.
then
IN rslogix 500 english software at left side select controller properties, then select controller communications, then in driver select EMU500 and in processor node give 1 then apply and ok.

then try to download your program.

it will work.
:)

From
CHANDAN SUTHAR
SR. AUTOMATION ENGINEER
VISION WORLD TECH PVT. LTD. JAIPUR (RAJ.)
INDIA

Hello CAMAN,

then
IN rslogix 500 english software at left side select controller properties, then select controller communications, then in driver select EMU500 and in processor node give 1 then apply and ok.

it will work.

From
CHANDAN SUTHAR
SR. AUTOMATION ENGINEER
INDIA

Hello CAMAN,

then

it will work.

From
CHANDAN SUTHAR
SR. AUTOMATION ENGINEER
INDIA

I presume he has got sorted now given the post was from 2012......

1711396585072.pngAfter going online the power supply for all the rungs is not starting. I'm not sure what's wrong. I tried creating multiple files to see if something was wrong with that instance even restarted the system but the problem persists. Can anyone help me out

You might be better off starting your own thread for the issues you are having. This one is simple, you need to change the processor from remote prog to remote run (the little blue box in the top left corner of your window).

You might be better off starting your own thread for the issues you are having. This one is simple, you need to change the processor from remote prog to remote run (the little blue box in the top left corner of your window).
Thanks for the information. I'm new to the platform I didn't know the norms will that in mind