Fanuc Robot Tip change

patelaksh30

Hello,

We are using fanuc 2000ic robots for welding and today our one robot was keep going for tip change. Usually after changing tip, he gets in position for next process but today after one cycle or after every tip change it was going for next tip change.

So, what could be the reasons for it?
I tried to unlatch tip change from RSLogix 5000 but again after receiving background pathseg, he was keep repeating tip change process.

Thanks in advance.

Rather than unlatching the tip change bit in the program, you need to look at what is setting the tip change bit in the first place. I have never worked on a robotic welder before, but in my experience when something that used to work fine, now doesn't, it is usually a sensor has gone bad, a wire has come loose or broken, or there was operator error. On an established, running machine that has 10's of thousands of cycles under its belt, the problem is almost never a programming issue.

Good luck,
Bubba.

I haven't worked with that system, but every robotic welding system I have worked with had the tip change work off a simple counter. Probably the counter set point is adjustable from the hmi

A customer of ours had a similar issue except with torch clean.

Cycle count is set thru the HMI with a counter as stated above. Problem is after the count was reached it would run the torch clean cycle, then every cycle after that it would run torch clean. You could manually reset from the HMI and it would run production cycles until the torch clean cycle came up, then all over again.

The problem ended up being that someone modified the torch clean cycle in the robot program and never sent the cycle complete signal back to the PLC so it could strobe the next production cycle.

That happened twice, a couple years apart.

Check CPU core firmware

Hello,

We are using fanuc 2000ic robots for welding and today our one robot was keep going for tip change. Usually after changing tip, he gets in position for next process but today after one cycle or after every tip change it was going for next tip change.

So, what could be the reasons for it?
I tried to unlatch tip change from RSLogix 5000 but again after receiving background pathseg, he was keep repeating tip change process.

Thanks in advance.

We had a similar situation on a multi-robot (6-robots) assembly, and pack out cell.

Robot #2 was often moving to the offline self-lubricating station, and would not re-join the other robots back in the main assembly cell, to achieve our manufacturing production targets. Sometimes Robot #2 would be observed taking on pints of lubricant at each visit to the offline station. IF Robot #2 did come back into the assembly cell, it was observed that it’s coordinate axis repeatability was out of tolerance greater than 0.80 and the robot speed appeared to be erratic and sluggish.

We called the integrator in, and their PLC controls guy tried to FORCE the signals to the robot to get back in the cell, and go to MAIN Looping JOB 10. Tracking the Ethernet/IP responses from the robot back to the PLC and eventually to the HMI, the numerical string returned, and parsed to ASCII was; “1qu1t”.

Checking the Robot Manual, we then plugged in directly to the core CPU of the robot. We searched deep into the runtime data-tables and arithmetical equations, and came across these HARD-CODED lines of programming that were burned into firmware, and not able to be altered by the end user.

Declare:: dgaf
Declare :: play_mny
Set # dgaf = 65
Set # ply_mny = $1675352
IF: (Robot\weld\Runtime:HOURS|years|days\\minutes) > (Robot\dgaf{xx}) ::Then :: SET Variable “Straw” = 1
IF: (Robot\ROI\401k|years|days\\ACCUM) > (Robot\ply_mny{xx}) ::Then :: SET Variable
“Camel’sBack”=0
IF : “Straw” = 1 |&&| “Camel’sBack” = 0 – THEN Return “1qu1t”
THEN move(direct) @ FLORIDA
IF “feel” = fishing :: THEN GOTO fishing :: ELSE IF
IF “feel” = golfing :: THEN GOTO golfing
END

We were unable to get Robot #2 back in the automatic assembly process, and used the teach-pendant to manually move it down the seventh axis to satisfy the end statement programming.

Hope this helps.