Just the tip

ganutenator

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have PTSD posting here.
But, this thing took awhile to figure out.
When we switched from the Altivar 312 to the ATV320, we had issues w/ the the new drive.
Same application. Same settings.
Since we were a huge customer of Schneider drives, they put their guys on it.
They never did figure it out.
We switched to Toshiba drives.
Then my boss finally figured it out.
He lowered the IR compensation from the default of 100% to 75%.
Been running for months now w/ no issues.

Yes please - as someone who just despises the plethora of Altivar drives I have because of a low-bid-wins process, I would love to know what you fixed by doing that.

the issue

When ramping to a stop and immediately changing direction, the Atv 320 would appear to stall and not move.
It was intermittent.
In fact, lower IR compensation to 75% from the default of 100% not only eliminated the the intermittent problem, but it looked smoother as well.

last reply

Everything worked fine w/ the ATV31, ATV312, Toshiba.
It was the change to the ATV320.
Just passing on the tip.
over and out.