Not seeing all devices on network

deand

Hello again. When using an RS232 conn. to a AB 5/04 should I be able to see other devices on the network or is there another conn. I should be using.

do you mean other nodes on the DH+ network? then No. you would need a DH+ interface for your computer, like a KF2 module or similar. a control logix bridge with a 1756-ENBT and a 1756-DHRIO would also allow you to browse the DH+ network.

deand said:
Hello again. When using an RS232 conn. to a AB 5/04 should I be able to see other devices on the network or is there another conn. I should be using.

Yes you can, see passthru setup below.

Similar Topics

I have lately been struggling with communication with PLC's over ethernet out in the field. This is a new problem, my laptop had not problems...
Replies
Views
I am working on converting some machines from SoftLogix5800 to ControlLogix. The original system used PCI ControlNET cards and CN2DN for...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum but it's helped me in the past and hopefully it will help me now. I'm trying to get a first...
Replies
Views
Hi! Small question. I have a customer currently that is reporting an issue of 2 different panelviews running the same application connecting to...
Replies
Views
I have a currently running PLC (Control Logix) with a computer connected running FTV ME Station for the HMI. Everything is connected via ethernet...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom