EN2T/D Import/Export Issues

gibbom

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,

I'm trying to import an .L5K file into RSLogix5000 and save as an ACD file. When I perform the import I get several warnings and some errors because some of the tags being forced in the L5K file are belonging to Ethernet Modules that aren't being created in the first place.

The .L5K file has several 1756-EN2T/D modules (Version 10.7) as a part of the configuration.

I have downloaded the EDS file from the AB site (1756-EN2T Version 10.1) and have registered it within RSLogix5000 however it still doesn't allow me to import the L5K file. The error message I'm getting on the import operation is:

Creating module: SCADA_COMMS1
Warning: Line 1110: Failed to create module 'SCADA_COMMS1' (Module profile could not be found. This could indicate the module profile is not installed.)

The line details from line 1110 of the .L5K file are here:

MODULE SCADA_COMMS1 (Parent := "Local",
ParentModPortId := 1,
CatalogNumber := "1756-EN2T",
Vendor := 1,
ProductType := 12,
ProductCode := 166,
Major := 10,
Minor := 7,
PortLabel := "RxBACKPLANE",
Slot := 1,
NodeAddress := "10.20.44.56",
CommMethod := 536870914,
Mode := 2#0000_0000_0000_0000,
CompatibleModule := 0,
KeyMask := 2#0000_0000_0001_1111)
ExtendedProp := [[[___<public><ConfigID>4325481</ConfigID></public>___]]]
END_MODULE

The EDS that I've registered from the AB website is attached.

If someone has experienced these issues before and could lend some advice, that would be very welcome as this is stopping me from being able to open the PLC Logic and therefore I can't do any work.... grrrr..

https://www.jlab.org/Hall-D/Documents/manuals/Allen-Bradley%20stuff/Logix5000%20Controllers%20Import-Export%20Project%20Components%20Programming%20Manual.pdf

The import/export feature supports forward compatibility for export operations. It does not support backward compatibility for export operations. This means that older versions of the RSLogix 5000 programming software cannot read L5K or L5X files that were created with newer versions of the programming software. In some cases, a L5K or L5X file created with a newer version of the RSLogix 5000 programming software may import with warnings into an older version of the software. In these cases, attributes on components may be set to default values during import.

Hope this helps,

You need to install the latest Add-On profile (AOP) to use EN2T series D

RSlogix5000 does not use EDS files, it uses AOP

Fixed

Thank you. Do you know if you can install RS Logix 5000 version 21 which will include the latest AOP?

I've downloaded the AOP from the AB website and I went to install it however it comes up with an error message as per attached image.

"You are trying to install RSLogix 5000 containing:
-Different Build Type (Debug vs Release)
of the RSLogix 5000 Module Profiles that are installed.

The RSLogix 5000 Module Profiles cannot be updated; the installed RSLogix 5000 Module Profiles must be uninstalled first.

does anyone know how to uninstall the existing module profile modules?

AOPInstallIssues.jpg