Remote access MicroLogix 1200

JeffKiper

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I have a MicroLogix 1200 at a remote site that I need to connect to for troubleshooting. They only have an analog phone system there. There is no chance of getting network access without going cellular.

Not 1 of my computers have dial up modems on them anymore. So do you have any solutions? Most of the time I am on the road anyway so I will be pulled off the side of the road working.

1200 to car.jpg

I have a MicroLogix 1200 at a remote site that I need to connect to for troubleshooting. They only have an analog phone system there. There is no chance of getting network access without going cellular.

Not 1 of my computers have dial up modems on them anymore. So do you have any solutions? Most of the time I am on the road anyway so I will be pulled off the side of the road working.

Sounds like you need a cellular modem at the site and an air card for your laptop or tether your smart phone as a WIFI hotspot if you have one.

We use Netbiter, a cellular solution. They have ethernet and serial ports. On your side you just need to enable your phone as a hot spot.