Micrologix 1400 + PanelView Plus remote access ??

Romanr9999

I´m using RSLogix Micro and Factory Talk View Studio ME.
I´m installing a ML1400 and a PanelPlus 1500 and I included an thernet router inside the cabinet that holds the system.

I´d like to setup the system so I can access remotely through internet once it´s installed.

What TCP/UDP ports uses each one of these software products so I can setup the router to allow outside access???

This question seems open ended, are you wondering how to set up your home router? Afaik the ML1400 and pvp communicate on the network via CIP not TCP/IP (Exceptions with the ML1400).

Last edited:
It´s not that I´m going to connect this way or the other.
I want to know HOW can I do it and then I´ll connect that way.

The only thing I know and I can´t change is that the system will be installed many miles away from the office, so I´d like a way to access without going physically there.

You could use a router with a built in VPN server, so you could connect to the VPN and look at the other devices just as you would if you were there physically. Both Sonicwall and Cisco make very affordable options for this.

The Ethernet protocol that is used by RSLinx Classic and RSLinx Enterprise to communicate with the MicroLogix 1400 and the PanelView Plus both use TCP Port 44818.

I very strongly recommend using a remote access gateway that supports VPN connectivity to the local network. That is the professional, safe, and responsible way to do it.