IP addressing issue

adjuers

Hello all,

I am currently working with a Control Logix 1756-L72. Using studio 5000 v. 23.
I also have a 1756-ENBT Ethernet module plugged into an ethernet switch with a scanner plugged into that.
In my program the scanner is set for 192.168.163.12. I had the scanner tech also set the scanner itself to the same IP. The subnet being 255.255.255.0. However, when the scanner tech plugged the scanner into my network the IP in my program did not match the physical module. The IP of the scanner was coming back to me completely reversed (12.163.168.192). The subnet also came back completely reversed (0.255.255.255). I have never seen this before so I am wondering if anyone has and/or has a solution.

p.s. The scanner I am working with is a Datalogic DX8210 along with a dimensioner model DM3610.

Thanks
Alex

Ok, a lot of details missing. The scanner (bar code) is set at 192.168.163.12.

When you say the IP coming back. Where and how are you seeing this "reversed" IP. Are you able to ping the scanner at 192.168.163.12?

What exactly do you mean "The IP of the scanner was coming back to me" ? What dialog box or menu in what software are you looking at ?

What type of "Scanner" is this ? How is its IP address configured ?

My guess is that the scanner has four parameters to configure each IP configuration address, with one entry per octet, and that those have simply been reversed inadvertently.

The scanner is a Datalogic DX8210

I am using Rockwell software. Studio 5000 version 23

Where I see the physical IP address of the scanner is in the Internet Protocol tab of the scanner module window in my program.

I have not been able to ping the scanner.

If the Datalogic has an "Internet Protocol" tab that means it has an Add-On Profile rather than just the Generic Ethernet Module object.

Do you recall installing an Add-On Profile into Studio 5000 for the Datalogic device ? Or did you just register an EDS File ?

Maybe the Datalogic AOP is mis-presenting the octets from the IP address in its TCP/IP object that's being read by Studio 5000.

There's a "Refresh Communication" link you can click that I think re-reads the TCP/IP Object from the device when you're online. Does that have any effect ?

Or maybe something else is going wrong.

I recommend pursuing the usual tests to verify the IP configuration of the Datalogic device: try PING, or use the TCPING utility (elifulkerson.com), or try to access the internal webpage of the device if one exists.