modbus tcpip over 90 30

ravindra156

Hi there.
I am developing a logic using commreq for communication between two ge plc 90 30 using modbus tcpip.
i am not able to get data as req.
request to help me out.
also i am not able to attach the file for snap shots of logic.
kindly guide me.
i am new to this forum.

thanks in advance
ravindra

Hi there.
I am developing a logic using commreq for communication between two ge plc 90 30 using modbus tcpip.
i am not able to get data as req.
request to help me out.
also i am not able to attach the file for snap shots of logic.
kindly guide me.
i am new to this forum.

thanks in advance
ravindra
You need not attach a file to share your logic. Select your logic in Proficy ME and press Ctrl-C to copy it. Then in this forum paste that logic between the markers:
[ code ] (without spaces)
**your code is pasted here**
[ /code ] (without spaces)
Code:
The information for us to copy your logic into our Proficy  to see will be here.
For Ethernet details Get GFK-2224 from the GE web site.

Generally for CPU to CPU communications over Ethernet I would recommend using EGD, it is much simpler and more efficient in my opinion.

There is Modbus TCP/IP information in this file too.

Last edited:
also i cannot use EGD since one plc is GE 90-30. ic396cpu260
I would on all that I could, and I have never heard of an IC693CPU260. If it's CPU360 with an Etherent module you would need to verify which version of the IC693CMM321 is in it for either MB/TCP or EGD.
But the CMM321 and CPU360 are both obsolete so I would recommend updating that system to RX3i.

Actually, if this system is to be run for 5 years or more, you should put together a plan to update all the 90-30s to RX3i over the next couple of years.

Right now GE has a very good "Trade in" plan to do this, contact your local supplier.

Last edited: