Slc 5/03 Network Options

bentleya

Hi guys & gals,
I have 8 to 10 SLC 5/03's that I'm wanting to 'network' together to allow data acc. It will be minimal data transfering, so I'm not to worried about speed (dh485).
I'm wondering what would be the most efficient way of linking all these together. All have a 'small' 485 network (plc to panelviews') existing. About 8 PLC's and 10 panelviews, so I'm well under the limit on dh485.
I am looking at running some belden cable and linking all together, then with the proper interface (1770-KF3), link to a computer using Linx (full) and other software for extracting data. I just figured there was a better way....
Any thoughts???
TIA

Last edited:
I guess really the only other alternative would be to install a NET-ENI module on every 5/03, get them on Ethernet and exchange data that way...Probably not very cost effective if you don't have the infrastructure in place...

Greg