logic pro simulator

m_reavis

Hello;
I have been doing some of the program simulations on this simulator and wondered if I could get in contact with someone interested in looking at my solutions to the programming excises and maybe get some feed back as to there correctness. I would really appreciate any input I can get.
Thanks, Mark

silo simulation

What is the best way to attach the solution ladder diagram to the questions I post. I have it on my logic pro simulator but am not sure how to transfer it to my post. I also can't seem to find information on using the ladder button, I don't know what it means when I am prompted to enter text to be formated.
Thanks for any help;
Mark

In order to simplify the process of adding LogixPro rungs to a forum message, I've added a "Save Rungs as Picture" entry into LogixPro's File Menu list. You can now select which rungs to include, and then save as a jpg or bmp graphic file. Select jpg for this purpose as the forum doesn't support bmp as of yet. To avail yourself of this new feature, you will have to first run the "Quick Update" from my site which will update your copy of LogixPro to this latest release.

Once you have your rungs saved as a jpg file, you can add them as an attachment to a forum message by first typing:
[****attachment]
without the **** but complete with the square brackets into your message where you would like the picture to appear. Next select the Browse button at the bottom of the message edit screen, and locate the jpg file containing your ladder rungs. When the full file path is shown in the textbox, ensure that the cursor is at the very end of the file path name, and press the enter key on your keyboard. With any luck, your ladder rungs should appear in the message.

Please use the "Practice Posting Here" forum for testing all this out before attempting to do it on the main Q&A forum.

Me, I'm the old-fashioned type. I hand-code the LADDER function.

You start by typing [LAD<tag>DER]
(exactly as shown, with the square brackets)

Then you use dashes and pipes, to draw what you want, like this:

2b ?
---+---| |---+---( )
| |
| 2b |
+---|/|---+

Then you type [/LAD<tag>DER]
(exactly as shown, with the square brackets, and the '/')

Although the <input type="button" class="bginput" value="LADDER" title="Insert Ladder Diagram"> button works, it doesn't open up a large enough window to really enter your ASCII coding.

Bill,

Just curious, is it your utility that a lot of AB guys are using to post ladders here?

If it is, then my real question is, is there a way to increase the detail and yet keep the picture on screen (without having to scroll far to the right)?

If that isn't the effect that your utility produces, then, nevermind!

Terry,
I think most of the large listings that go off the screen are actual RSLogix captures. It looks like they have maximized the ladder window then did a screen capture. Quick and dirty, but the picture ends up too large for this purpose.

The capture routine I'm using just grabs the rungs even if the window is in it's normal size, and thus the pic is approximately 60% screen width as long as they didn't maximize the ladder window.