Resources to learn Motion with AB PLCs

Mel_24

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knew of any resources that could help me learn to program the Kinetex 350 Servo controls.

Just started programming PLCs a few weeks back and was looking to get into motions for work and don't really know where to start.

Thanks in advance

if you're trying to get a handle on how the hardware (modules, etc.) are interfaced, you might want to take a look at the following thread ...

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?p=511501&postcount=1

on the other hand, if you're just trying to get a "feel" for how the various motion instructions (MAM, MAJ, etc.) work, then I suggest that you set up two identical VIRTUAL AXIS systems - and then learn to control them side-by-side ... then by varying one or two parameter settings at a time (acceleration, jerk, etc.), you can graphically compare how the different parameters make the motion control system behave ...

virtual_axis_demo.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Ben, i was looking to sorta get a feel but i am having problems setting up my virtual axis. Pretty sure that it has to do with the dynamics in axis properties. My virtual axis at the moment keeps jumping (both actual position and calculated position). was hoping if you knew where i could find any manuals on how to set it up