program for colour droping

md.abdullah

Hello Sirs

i have color injection machine which i am programming.
there is one sheet(5 meter ) where i have to drop color. so i have 30 on/off valve in a row for dropping the color on sheet.
i am getting sheet length from encoder.
My problem is how can i write an equation so that for every 10mm i have to on/off the valve.
i hope you understand the problem.if not then
my simple question is there is 30 on/off valve i have to make it 500 times on/off how can i write program in minimum,

i am using rslogix5000 plc.

The first thing you need to do is find the number of pulses that would be required to move the sheet 10mm.
The program would then compare this number and activate the valves. You did not mention how long the valves are open. This could be a timed duration or distance from the pulses on the encoder.

Hope this helps,

before you go more further

few question you need to answer to yourself,

1.) the speed of the sheet e.g 100mm/sec? 1 meter/sec?etc.
2.) how long you to switch ON and OFF ?
2.) what type of valve you will use? low/medium/high speed switching valve?
3.) what type of source of device output you to use? transistor/relay/SSR?
4.) do you use pressurizer tank/buffer tank for your color raw?
5.) how you distribute the flow for the color equally?
6.) what type injection valve to use to get smooth spray?

Good Luck