Double word in SLC5/05

G
Hi,

Can I have a double word in SLC 5/05. Actually I want to send this double word value over devicenet.

You can have a DWORD resultant from a math instruction that overflows the 32767 maximum value for an Integer. When a math instruction overflows, the unsigned remainder is put into the regular destination address and the 32-bit result is placed into a special "Math Register" comprised of processor status words S:13 and S:14.

The data is only there until some other instruction uses the math register, so immediately after the math instruction that results in overflow, you should COPY these out into 16-bit holding registers to get ready to put them into the DeviceNet I/O or message area.

I've done this to set the Index position (400,000 counts or so) for an A-B Ultra3000i motion controller on DeviceNet and it works fine. In that case, I didn't have to reverse the order of the Words, but for your device you might, depending on what sequence it expects the data bytes on DeviceNet.

Of course, having a math overflow creates a minor overflow fault, that will result in a major fault at the end of the scan. If you plan to use this, program a OTU S:5/0 to clear the minor fualt before the end of the scan to prevent it from becoming a major fualt; causing the processor to shut down.

I think that you have to set S:2/14 to enable the double word functionality. I have never used this option. Im sure someone here will explain more thoroughly.

Last edited: