Light Curtain

PLC Pie Guy

Hey All.
Wondering if you may be able to help me find a safety rated light curtain that operates with two channel pass through contacts instead of solid state outputs for the safety monitoring.
Every thing I look at requires an interface module or safety PLC. I basically want a guard switch packaged as a light curtain. Beam is broken, relays open, beam is re-made, relays close and operator presses reset to pull in my already existing safety relay.
Simple, straight forward.

An auxiliary output would be nice as well for PLC monitoring. PNP or contact.

Thanks

Is the issue one of panel space, or price? (or Both) Because while all the safety light curtains I've used have OSSD outputs, I use them to drive a pair of force guided relays wired with EDM monitoring. You can get some low profile force guided relays.

I've seen pretty much the same thing as you. The few light curtains I've seen with dry contact outputs have not had the built in safety systems, and required a dedicated safety relay or PLC to control them.

Yeah, as my digging tells me, most if not all safety rated light curtains on the market use solid state outputs and an interface.
I was just hoping to keep the circuit as simple as possible. It seems that safety wiring and more specifically safety circuit troubleshooting is a daunting task even for some skilled electricians I have had helping set them up. Just the diagrams are enough to send them running for the hills.
So, every time there is an issue with a safety system guess who has to go to work!
Normally just a simple misalignment of a guard switch or something easy but narrowing it down to which guard switch has failed or which safety component has failed seems to cause some frustration.