S5 to S7 XR.INI

Staf1993

Hello

I'm trying to convert a program from S5 to S7. I've taken a look into the tutorials and documents that are available. But I cant seem to find any information about this problem:

The program is pretty complicated and I should need the XR.INI file. When I open the folder with the project I see all the files I need and that are described in the tutorial.

.ST.S5D
.XR.INI
.Z0.SEQ

I start the converter and open .ST.S5D. When I did this I get the error there is no .XR.INI file. But I can see it in the folder. Its called CERMST.INI. So I guess the name isnt correct?

In PG2000 I remade the XRF with CTRL Q but nothing changed. I also tried to rename the file to CERM.XR.INI because I saw somewhere these files can only be 6 characters long (not sure if this is true).

I tried first without the XRF. There were some errors because of the ASM command. In the tutorial I saw the converter cant handle these so I removed these functions from the program to rewrite manually later on. After this I had an error because I had no XRF. Error was:

Error No PLC type description found for called or addressed block

So I really need the .XR.INI file but the program can't find it, but its clearly in the folder. How can I fix this? How can I make a new .INI file?

Thanks in advance!
(Link to original post: https://support.industry.siemens.com/tf/ww/en/posts/s5-to-s7-xr-ini/143202/?page=0&pageSize=10)

Hello, thank you for answering. Found the problem, the .INI file had no correct name for some reason.

However, I have another problem now:

Acfter compiling the source I still have the same 10 errors and 10 warnings. I thought this would be fixed with the INI file.

The 10 errors are:

No PLC type description found for called or adressed block FC2. (This is for blocks FC2 to FC10)

And the 10 errors:

No valid offline ASCII type description found for called or adressed block FC2.

To be clear, the warning shows up after compiling the source file in S7.

This is what I found in another thread: Add function "S7Program>Blocks>Insert New Object>Function". Open this function to edit, on left side of editor you have folder "Libraries>Standard Library>S5-S7 Converting blocks". Add function number that you have in error to you function, after this move, you will have in Simatic Manager this system function and error will disapear after next compilation.

But its not comfirmed if this is true or is the correct way to do?

Or is it possible this has to do with the blocks I deleted in the start because of the ASM command? This just has to do it cant find the FC blocks I guess?

See screenshot for error
e9jfgx.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like the FC's are missing from your STL source. If you deleted them becuase you will re-engineer those blocks then edit the STL source to comment out the calls to those blocks but remember where they are so that you can go back and re-engineer them.

Nick

It looks like the FC's are missing from your STL source. If you deleted them becuase you will re-engineer those blocks then edit the STL source to comment out the calls to those blocks but remember where they are so that you can go back and re-engineer them.

Nick

Hey, thanks for the answer. Found the problem. Had to put the decleration of the function first before calling the function.

But...

I have these special blocks that contain the ASM command. Don't really know what to do with them.

OB31 = Scan TIme Triggering

OB160 = Variable Time Loop

OB251 = PID Control Algorithm

The rest of the blocks are special functions:

FB238 = COMPARE

FB239 = DELETE

FB244 = SEND (Found this replacement: FC5)

FB245 = RECEIVE (Found this replacement: FC6)

FB246 = FETCH

FB 247 = CONTROL

FB 248 = RESET

FB 249 = SYNCHRON

FB 250 = RLG:AE (Found this replacement: FC105)

FB251 = RLG:AA (Found this replacement: FC106)

Did some research and some people said to just leave them out of the program? I think thats a bit too easy? :p

about these blocks, fb138..251 that would be system blocks comparable to sfc's and sfb's in S7. are these actually used? it's quiet possible someone downloaded everything from the PLC to the PG with S5 and all the system blocks got copied too but are not used. then you can just forget about them

about these blocks, fb138..251 that would be system blocks comparable to sfc's and sfb's in S7. are these actually used? it's quiet possible someone downloaded everything from the PLC to the PG with S5 and all the system blocks got copied too but are not used. then you can just forget about them

Checked the Cross Reference List and couldn´t find any link to these blocks. So it looks I don´t have to replace them.

Thanks for the answer