TIA Portal Open Comms

taward31

Hi Guys,

I have an application that requires me to communicate between a Siemens Cpu - 317F-2 and an Omron FZ Vision Controller,

Ther omron vsion controller supports TCP connections so I will require to set up a Open connection on my CPU

The software I am using is TIA Portal 12 -

I first try to establish a connection with TCON - (this is yet to work)

I then will want to receive a measurement TRCV

Then close the connection.

Not sure Where i am going wrong,

I know there was a wizard for the step 7 equivalent any one know where to find good documentation for this application or even sample code ?

A buddy of mine and I did a write up on how to do the TRCV_C command. If I find it I will post it on this thread. The function seemed harder to set up then I would have thought. I had to read and re-read the manual several times, watch some videos done in Spanish, and consult the help screens. What finally got it for me was trying and trying again (oh and help from some friends).

Update :

So i managed to get communications up and am able to send across data,

Currently I am sending a 4 digits via ASCII,

I can see the data change but only in one character at a time

The problem I am having now is that The Datablock TRCV doesn't seem to let me input a string into the "data output area" and I can only get one Digit at a time.

I've siemens before but am not a regular user,

Cheers Kalabdel,

Unfortunately I don't think TIA portal uses them functions, well I have T!A version 13 and they don't seem to be in the instruction list, they maybe need to added or something

anywho I did manage to get it working fine yesterday evening.

If anyone ever needs sample code for this message and I will forward it on to you.

Thanks for your help guys

Yes I just had a look and s7-300 uses TCON, TSEND and TRCV

Can you take snap shots of your code and post it along with description of the data you intend to transmit.

I had a look at the example I posted a link of above and it's quite good. Migrate it to your version of TIA and go through it.